U.S. rural and wastewater providers can take advantage of CoBank's new streamlined process to refinance their existing U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development loan with maturities of approximately 20 years or less.
To get started, please send the following application packet to our Water Services team:
• General system description (location, connections)
• Organizational structure (By-laws and articles or state statute)
• Audits for the past three years
• Manager contact
• Attorney contact
• Proof of property and general liability coverage with insurance contact
• Legal address, phone number, fax number and Tax ID/EIN
• USDA Annual Statement of Loan Account - RD Form 1951-9, or loan balance, payment amount, interest rate and maturity
• USDA Rural Development contact name for payoff request
How It Works
Here's an example of how the program can work for you if you had an existing loan of $488,000, with a maturity date August 2028, a 6.5 percent interest rate and monthly payments of $4,329:*
There are two ways to take advantage of the program:
-- Match maturity and reduce payments: If you match maturity at a rate of 5.3 percent, for example, you would save $359 per month for a total savings of $64,000.
-- Match payments and shorten term: If you match payments at a rate of 5.0 percent, for example, you would reduce term by 22 months and save $95,000 overall.
* Rates are not guaranteed and change daily
Those with questions about the program should contact the bank's Rural Water Division by calling Julia McCusker, Vice President, Water Services, at 1-800-542-8072, ext. 45858. Otherwise, please send inquiries and applications to email@example.com or:
Attn: Water Services
6340 S. Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111