CoBank/No Barriers Warriors Information for Veterans
America’s rural communities are home to millions of men and women who have served in our armed forces, many of whom are living with a disability. CoBank has partnered with No Barriers to honor and support these veterans. With the help of our customers, CoBank will identify and sponsor up to 50 veterans with disabilities from rural communities to take part in the No Barriers Warriors experience which includes one of four, multi-day No Barriers expeditions and an additional group of veterans to attend the annual No Barriers Summit. These experiences offer veterans more than just a mountain vacation. They provide an opportunity to challenge limitations – both real and perceived – and to create a network of support that can last a lifetime.
Is a CoBank/No Barriers Expedition for You?
- Are you a veteran from any branch of the U.S. armed forces?
- Do you suffer from a service-related disability, whether visible or invisible?
- Do you have a VA disability rating?
- Are you interested in challenging limitations and overcoming obstacles?
No Barriers Experiences Available
No Barriers experience includes focused online training to learn the No Barriers Life elements and connect with their team/rope team before the expedition as well as support to accomplish goals set on the trip after they return home.
- CoBank will sponsor two moderate-level expeditions that will take place June 26 and July 10. These 5-day basecamp expeditions will involve rafting, rock climbing and trekking activities. Activities are specifically designed to accommodate participation by veterans with a wide array of abilities.
- Two backcountry expeditions will be offered July 17 and 24. These 6-day backcountry expeditions will involve a more physically challenging, backcountry itinerary and a mountain summit attempt. One expedition will be moderate level and one will be difficult.
The annual No Barriers Summit will take place September 18 in San Francisco. This opportunity is suitable for veterans of all ability levels.
If selected for the CoBank/No Barriers program, CoBank will cover all costs for the participating veteran, including travel expenses.
If you have been nominated/referred by a CoBank customer and are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, please submit your program application. Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis. Once your application is received, you will be contacted by No Barriers who can provide additional information on the program. You must submit your application by April 15 to be considered.