Deal or No Deal: How the Sprint – T-Mobile Saga Will Impact Rural AmericaJanuary 2020 - Jeff Johnston
- The fate of the Sprint – T-Mobile merger is currently in the hands of a district court judge.
- Those opposed to the merger believe it will negatively impact rural operators’ revenue among other factors.
- However, if T-Mobile follows through on its plan to expand cell phone coverage in rural America, the merger could provide some wholesale/enterprise opportunities for rural telecom operators.
- If the judge blocks the deal, it will be business as usual for the foreseeable future, but future M&A for Sprint and its ability to survive on its own do create uncertainties for rural America.
- There is a lot to weigh in the potential merger, but T-Mobile’s lack of roaming agreements with rural operators is a legitimate concern for those opposed to the merger.
Agriculture & Agribusiness
Subscribe to Reports
If you’re a customer of CoBank and would like to receive the latest Knowledge Exchange reports, please take a moment to provide us with your contact information and area of interest.