Flush with Cash and Ready to Buy, Investors Take Aim at Fiber-Rich Operators
- Major infrastructure funds have been acquiring mid-sized fiber transport operators to gain exposure to the telecom market.
- Strategic buyers have also been active in the market as they look for scale and market expansion.
- The increase in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) has pushed valuations for telecom operators to levels that were unthinkable a couple of years ago.
- Investors are now turning their attention to smaller regional/rural operators with strong cash flows, fiber assets, and attractive organic growth prospects.
- Given all of the money chasing a finite number of companies, it should remain a sellers’ market for the foreseeable future.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.