New Networks and Spectrum to Fuel Tower Industry GrowthAugust 2020 - Jeff Johnston
- T-Mobile’s efforts to expand rural coverage should be a tailwind for rural tower operators as it’s likely the company will use existing towers in remote parts of the country rather than building its own.
- Shared spectrum and the cost efficiencies from network virtualization will lead wireless networks to proliferate, creating new business opportunities for tower operators.
- The build-to-relo model is starting to show its limitations and no longer represents a meaningful competitive threat to the tower industry.
- The T-Mobile/Sprint merger does pose risks for the tower industry, however Dish’s right to repurpose decommissioned sites and T-Mobile’s plan to expand rural coverage will help offset these risks.
- Small cell growth is a headwind for the tower industry, but the overall impact should be small.
Agriculture & Agribusiness
Subscribe to Reports
If you’re a customer of CoBank and would like to receive the latest Knowledge Exchange reports, please take a moment to provide us with your contact information and area of interest.