US Wireless Tower Market Standing Tall Despite Headwinds
- The U.S. tower industry is facing multiple crosscurrents that offer opportunities and threats.
- The forecasted growth in mobile data, expected deployment of fallow spectrum, and new wireless operators are fueling tower demand.
- Carrier consolidation and new market entrants are creating some uncertainty for the urban/suburban tower market. However, the rural market should see increased tower demand as operators expand their rural coverage footprints.
- Small cells and C-RAN (consolidated radio access network) will impact macro tower growth and negatively impact ground leases.
- Despite the headwinds facing the tower industry, there is reason to be optimistic that the underlying demand for data, and greenfield network builds, will offset the challenges facing the industry.
Stay ahead of the game in your field. Subscribe today.
Get CoBank's industry-leading Knowledge Exchange research reports delivered straight to your inbox as soon as they're released.
Have a comment or question about these reports?
Contact CoBank's Knowledge Exchange team to ask questions, engage with analysts or receive additional information.