US Wireless Tower Market Standing Tall Despite HeadwindsMarch 2019 - Jeff Johnston
- The U.S. tower industry is facing multiple crosscurrents that offer opportunities and threats.
- The forecasted growth in mobile data, expected deployment of fallow spectrum, and new wireless operators are fueling tower demand.
- Carrier consolidation and new market entrants are creating some uncertainty for the urban/suburban tower market. However, the rural market should see increased tower demand as operators expand their rural coverage footprints.
- Small cells and C-RAN (consolidated radio access network) will impact macro tower growth and negatively impact ground leases.
- Despite the headwinds facing the tower industry, there is reason to be optimistic that the underlying demand for data, and greenfield network builds, will offset the challenges facing the industry.
Agriculture & Agribusiness
Subscribe to Reports
If you’re a customer of CoBank and would like to receive the latest Knowledge Exchange reports, please take a moment to provide us with your contact information and area of interest.