Agronomy Outlook: Not the Spring Ag Retailers Hoped ForApril 2019 -
- The farm supply sector will be stressed in the year ahead on the combined impacts from inclement weather and strained farm financials.
- Ag retailers will be put to the test in a compressed spring agronomy season beset with bad weather, adding to the pressure from last fall’s poor weather. Some ag retailers may incur additional costs as a result.
- Poor spring weather also puts sales and service revenue at risk from a shifting acreage mix and potentially higher prevented planting acres.
- Stressed farm financials will continue to negatively affect ag retailer margins and impact farmer decisions that could reduce sales volumes.
- The fertilizer segment may be a lone bright spot as prices move higher this spring and acres potentially shift out of soybeans and into corn if spring weather improves.
Agriculture & Agribusiness
Subscribe to Reports
If you’re a customer of CoBank and would like to receive the latest Knowledge Exchange reports, please take a moment to provide us with your contact information and area of interest.