CoBank’s security team continually evaluates and enhances the security of our online systems to ensure their effectiveness. The information below illustrates a few examples of steps taken to protect our systems. CoBank encourages you to research and understand the risks associated with doing online business and take the necessary measures to ensure a safe online experience.
Here are a few key ways that CoBank helps to safeguard your information when you interact with us online.
- 128-Bit encryption: When you access your accounts and perform transactions on a CoBank site, your information is protected by 128-bit encryption.
- Additional authentication: When you perform sensitive online transactions, such as money transfers, CoBank will sometimes ask you additional questions to verify your identity.
- Secret Questions: CoBank uses secret questions as an additional authentication method. These questions are sometimes prompted during login or when submitting or approving transactions or templates.
- Secure firewalls: The computer servers that run CoBank's sites are protected by numerous firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to our network. CoBank monitors these firewalls to prevent security breaches.
- Session timeouts: If you are signed on, but not using a CoBank site for several minutes, your session will time out. To resume your activity, you will need to re-enter your user ID and password.
- Secure communication: Your online banking inbox can be used to communicate with CoBank securely.
- NOTE: CoBank will never request a second user to log on to online banking on a specific computer in order to authenticate or unlock a separate user’s account.