CoBank's Security Measures
Providing a secure environment where customers can safely interact online with CoBank is our number one priority. CoBank continually strives to evaluate and enhance the security of our online systems to ensure their safety and effectiveness. The information below illustrates a few examples of steps taken to protect our systems. CoBank encourages you to research and understand the risk that doing business on the Internet poses and take the necessary measures to ensure a safe online experience. Visit the "Reduce Your Security Risk" page to learn how you can reduce your risk.
Here are a few key ways that CoBank helps to safeguard your information when you interact with us online.
- 128-Bit encryption: When you access your accounts and perform transactions on a CoBank site, your information is protected by 128-bit encryption.
- Additional authentication: When you perform sensitive online transactions, such as money transfers, CoBank will sometimes ask you additional questions to verify your identity.
- Secret Questions: CoBank utilizes secret questions as an additional authentication method. These questions are sometimes prompted during login or when submitting or approving transactions or templates.
- Secure firewalls: The computer servers that run CoBank's sites are protected by numerous firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to our network. CoBank monitors these firewalls to prevent security breaches.
- Session timeouts: If you are signed on, but not using a CoBank site for several minutes, your session will "time out." To resume your activity, you will need to re-enter your user ID and password.
- Secure communication: Your online banking inbox can be used to communicate with CoBank securely.
- NOTE: CoBank will NEVER request a second user to log on to online banking on a specific computer in order to authenticate or unlock a separate user’s account.