CoBank is a unique organization that does amazing things to support rural America. That’s because we are a mission-driven organization, which makes us different from other financial institutions you’ve met along the way. We believe in doing the right thing for the right reasons. Just like you.
Immerse yourself in our diverse and inclusive culture and take advantage of an opportunity to do what that truly matters.
Credit Advancement Program
Our two-year rotational credit-training program is designed for recent college graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in agribusiness, accounting, finance or economics. Upon successful graduation from CAP, associates become eligible for a full-time Credit Analyst position at CoBank.
- Rotations through business areas focusing on regional agribusiness, rural infrastructure, corporate agribusiness, capital markets, asset review and/or other credit-related divisions.
- Training and development sessions that include self-study, one-on-one coaching and training, and instructor-led classroom courses.
- Hands-on experience analyzing and processing audits, financial statements, and loan agreements.
- Mentoring from relationship management and credit professionals.
- Potential future career paths in credit, commercial lender/relationship management or risk management.
Learn real-life business skills and tackle projects that have a meaningful impact.
Our internships are paid positions offered to undergraduate and graduate students who typically are working toward degrees in finance, accounting, agribusiness, economics, agricultural economics, IT, HR or marketing. Opportunities are available at our Denver headquarters, as well as in our banking centers across the country, and extend from May to August.
- Participate in “Lunch & Learn” events designed to enhance professional growth and development.
- Study through CoBank University, offering access to 500+ online and instructor-led classes.
- Attend our Annual Intern Event that includes team-building activities, educational classes, social events, and the chance to meet members of the CoBank Executive Team.
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions to address an existing business need, and present projects to bank leaders during our Intern Expo.
- Direct a contribution of $500 to an organization of your choice as part of our charitable giving program.
- Receive formal evaluation and guidance for continued development throughout the internship period.
- Interview for select post-graduation opportunities at the conclusion of your internship.
A workplace culture where all associates feel respected, valued, heard and included