Commitment to Privacy
Security of Personal Information
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information. We also incorporate physical and electronic safeguards and make every effort to protect the security of personal information. Our website is hosted on secure servers. Any information collected by us is stored in private files behind a firewall designed to protect confidential information by denying unauthorized access by unauthorized users.
We have policies and procedures in place to govern the proper handling of information and train our employees on their responsibility to protect confidential information.
We may use third party suppliers and/or service providers to facilitate our services. We do not authorize these suppliers or service providers to retain, disclose or sell information we collect to others.
Information We Collect and Methods of Collection
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, user name, password, education, employment history, salary history, financial information, criminal records, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and/or other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, submitting an application for employment, whether on the website or via email, posting material, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your transactions. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Any other information you provide to us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that could permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Security and Intrusion Detection
To ensure the security and availability of the CoBank owned and managed websites, we employ several solutions to monitor network traffic and server loads, and to identify unauthorized attempts to access or damage the site. Unauthorized attempts to access, alter, or damage this site are strictly prohibited, and may be punishable under law.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely safe. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of CoBank’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CoBank about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including, in response to any government or regulatory request.
- Consistent with State and Federal laws and regulations that may require us to disclose confidential information in certain situations. Such situations include requests from law enforcement agencies or criminal or civil legal proceedings. In addition, as required by federal laws targeting terrorism funding and money laundering activities, we collect information and take actions necessary to verify the identity of individuals and organizations with which we do business.
- To enforce or apply our Conditions of Use.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CoBank, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
California Consumer Privacy Statement
If you are a California resident, for more information about your privacy rights, please see the California Consumer Privacy Statement.
6340 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111